Wednesday, January 21, 2015

To Share or Not To Share...

Writing is a great outlet for me. It's a form of stress relief like I never imagined. For some reason it is so liberating and so peaceful for me to be able to express my emotions in the form of words.

But there is a drawback.


I'm scared. I'm scared to share my feelings and open those doors to blatant judgment and unwanted criticism. I'm afraid that my opinions might offend others, and as a people pleaser as well as someone who generally prefers to avoid most conflict, the thought of boldly facing opposition makes me cringe.

But there are some days when I feel that God is compelling me to break down those walls, open my heart, share my stories. He wants me to be brave.

I don't lead an incredibly glamorous lifestyle. In fact, between working, writing a few freelance articles on the side, and keeping up with the demands of a family, I don't have a lot of free time to put my personal thoughts on a page. But I have a story, and I have experiences that others can certainly relate to.

I may not have the most eloquent vocabulary, nor do I always succeed in conveying exactly what I'm trying to say, but I hope that by stepping out of my comfort zone, I will grow in my relationship with Christ and find ways of sharing, loving, and supporting other people who may be walking in similar shoes.

I was recently touched by a story in the book of Exodus when Moses pleads with God to have someone else take on the task of approaching Pharoh to free the Israelites. He says:

 “What if they do not believe me or listen to me and say, ‘The Lord did not appear to you’?...Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue."

But God promised Moses that He would teach him what to say and tell him exactly what to do.


I pray that God gives me words that are honorable to him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment