Thursday, January 22, 2015

Creamy Italian Bell Pepper Chicken

 
 
I threw this meal together last night, and it was a hit at the Bohannon house. I had all the ingredients on hand, and I knew if we didn't eat those bell peppers in the fridge, they would go bad.
 

Ingredients:

2 medium bell peppers, chopped

2-3 large chicken breasts - sliced

1 jar of Alfredo cream sauce

1 heaping spoonful of minced garlic

White wine of choice - I used about 1/4 - 1/3 c.

Pasta of choice (I used penne)

Italian seasoning

salt (optional)


 
Start by grilling your chicken slices. (I used coconut oil since this dish has a slightly sweeter flavor.) Add the minced garlic & a dash of Italian seasoning when the chicken is about half way done. Reduce heat to medium-low.


 
Add wine and peppers when chicken is almost done. Let simmer for about 3-4 minutes before adding the cream sauce. Stir well and allow to sit for about 5 minutes before serving over penne pasta. Garnish with chopped provolone cheese and Italian seasoning.
 
 

I love garlic bread, and my favorite way to fix it is by cooking refrigerated crescents flat. No need to separate or press together. Just bake until golden brown which is only about 6-7 minutes.

 
Slather with butter and top with garlic salt = perfection.
 



 

This dish was incredibly easy to fix and didn't take a significant amount of time or energy. Not to mention the flavor was spot on. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment