Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Ranch Gravy Pork + Roasted Baby Carrots + Faux Baked Apples

On a whim, I came up with this meal, and in my opinion, it was stellar. It was fast, easy, and delicious, so here you go:


Start out by pre-heating your oven to ~400 degrees F.

Arrange baby carrots on a baking sheet. Spray or drizzle with oil of your choice. Pop those bad boys in the oven when it's up to temperature. I let mine cook for about 20 minutes - I never set a timer, so just check often and use your judgement. You might want to stir/flip half way through the baking process depending on your oven.

When tender or cooked to your liking, toss with your favorite veggie seasoning. I use a very simple combination of cajun seasoning + brown sugar + garlic salt.


Next

Prepare your apples or go the quick route with a bag of the pre-sliced variety. I cook with the peels on, so the plastic container of apple slices from Sams Club is a staple in our household. It's all a matter of preference.

Dump your slices into a microwave safe dish - I'm a huge fan of the Pampered Chef Cranberry Baker. Toss in a spoonful of butter or margarine, cover, and cook for 6 minutes on high. Sprinkle with brown sugar, drizzle with a heavy portion of honey, stir, and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Let sit while the remainder of the food is finishing up.



Ranch Gravy Pork Chops

Ingredients:
boneless pork chops
equal parts plain Greek yogurt + sour cream
ranch powder seasoning stuff (comes in those little packets)
milk or water for thinning (I used a few tablespoons)

Grill your pork chops on medium/high until they are ~half done. I flipped once so both sides were equally cooked & used a lid. Turn temperature down to low.

Mix everything else together in a bowl and spoon HALF of that mixture on top of the chops. Let simmer for a minute, flip and spoon the rest of your saucy stuff on top. Half of your ranch mix will naturally mingle with the juices from your pork chops to create this creamy, rancy, succulent sauce. Cover and let simmer until chops are cooked through.


All in all this meal took me no more than 30 minutes to prepare - carrots & apples were already prepped & the sauce was simple to mix up in just a minute. I'm patting myself on the back for a job well done with this meal. Yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment